Our Thrift Stores are an integral part of “The Orphans of Kenya”. Selling high quality merchandise at low prices’ All proceeds go towards“serving the spiritual and physical needs of the orphans of Kenya”. We opened our first location in Hope Mills, NC on October 13th, 2012. This was followed by our second location in Carthage, NC which opened May of 2014. Current plans call for the opening of 2 additional locations. Together the proceeds from the stores will be used to support the ongoing mission of OOKP (Orphans of Kenya Project).
1. As a parent, there’s no better way to dress growing kids than by going to the thrift store. Kids often grow out of their clothes long before they’re worn out, so it’s easy to find quality kids’ clothes in top-notch condition for just a few dollars.
2. Because thrift store items are so cheap, it’s fun to experiment with styles or colors that you might not usually buy. If you only wear that hot pink shirt or embroidered pants a few times, hey, it was only $3 or heaven forbid, $300.
3. Thrift store items are typically higher quality simply by virtue of being there.They’ve withstood one person’s use already and still have resale value, which means they’re not like your typical H&M, Zara, or Forever21 cheap “fast fashion” shirts that stretch and lose their shape after a few washes.
4. Thrift stores are an opportunity to develop your own unique sense of style. Shopping without mannequins to show you what’s trendy might be terrifying, especially if you’re like me and feel lost when it comes to piecing together funky outfits, but with practice comes confidence. When everyone shops at the same trendy, brand name stores, it’s inevitable that someday you’ll meet an unexpected twin in public, wearing the exact same shirt or dress as you. Believe me, no one wants to be that person.
5. There really are fabulous finds on all the racks at the thrift store. Since there’s still a bit of stigma associated with second-hand shopping, there’s not as much competition as there should be for the designer jeans, coats, and vintage leather bags that you can find with only a bit of patience.
6. There are no hovering salespeople waiting to make a commission off your purchase. None of our employees are paid by commission. So they are only interested in making sure you get the perfect outfit, not in how much you spend.
7. Thrift stores go beyond clothes. They’re the ultimate one-stop shopping experience, a much cooler version of Wal-Mart superstores. You can find almost any thing you can imagine to furnish your home – the pine harvest table, cotton bed sheets, an armchair, baskets, picture frames, dishes, glasses, curtains, futon cover, bath mat, baking pans, and mirrors. If there’s anything you need, check us out first, we probably have it.
8. Shopping at the thrift store leads to less hoarding. Because there’s a much smaller financial investment in each item, it’s not as hard to let go. You know that pair of jeans that cost so much, but they just don’t fit right, and you can’t bring yourself to get rid of them because you spent so much… Not the case with thrift store jeans that cost $3 a pop! If something doesn’t work, donate it back and try again.
9. Our Stores Also Support the Local Community. In addition to supporting OOKP’s mission, our stores are active in the local communities they serve. Not only by providing high quality merchandise at very low prices, but in actively giving back to the community. From supporting local charities and assisting families in times of need, We strive to be a real-life, no non-sense, I believe in the one greater than, I kind of Christians, both as individuals and as an organization.
Here are a few more reasons to shop one of our Stores.
Shop our two locations
805 Monroe Street
Carthage, NC 28327
Monday thru Saturday